Frequently Asked Questions
Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life and it’s going to fly by even faster than you think.. all your meticulous planning and running around all for this one defining moment ooo
It is really important that you feel comfortable with me, as your photographer.
Often you will have a few questions for me, So here are some of the most frequently asked ones for you to go through.
How to book your shoot?
Check my availability by sending me an email email@example.com, with the date, and venue for your wedding or shoot and all the important info surrounding the shoot eg: Ideas that you might have etc
- I will respond within 24 hours 🙂
- We can meet up if it suits everyone, we discuss how we work, expectations, the contract
- If you are happy and would like to book a 50% Booking Non-refundable Fee is required to secure your date.
- You send me the signed contract, proof of payment, I will send you a receipt… and there you go it is official oooo
How can I make my wedding Photos really amazing
This is a really good question which I get asked often by brides wanting to make their day original and spectacular
Here are a few tips.
- Hire a professional- you get what you pay for, so make sure that you see your wedding photos as an investment and that you allocate at least 10-15% of your wedding budget to Photography and wedding albums
- It’s all in the details- weddings with lots of detail make for beautiful photos. From a sweet message sowed into the grooms tie to beautiful stationary, to a love letter to your Groom to open on the day…
- Light, and lots of it- (this is very important and is the key to stunning photos) soft natural light always makes for great photography, so try have lots of it. From the reception to where you get dressed have a more natural and a well lit space. A lot of venues fall short on this and can really impact the look at feel of your photos.
Are dates provisionally held?
Unfortunately not 🙁
A 50% booking fee and a completed contract are required to confirm your booking. I work on a first come first served basis.. if you are enquiring about a date and I get a second enquiry, I will however first let you know before responding to the second enquiry
NO Cheques or cash bank deposits are allowed EFT Only.
Will you personally be photographing the Wedding or lifestyle session?
Yes, will be myself and a second shooter if that is the Package you have asked for… you are paying me for me and my style.
Do you use an assistant and how many people will be photographing on the day?
Yes I do, I work with amazing second shooters, On the day there will be two people, so please ensure that you book dinner for the both of us.
Do you offer albums?
Yes. I offer albums, however not included in packages. You can request a quote
Who chooses the photographs in the album?
I will send you low res files of all your edited photos, you can choose 100 images and I will design your album accordingly… if a photo you have chosen does not work with the flow or look and feel I will make suggestions to change.. albums need to tell a story which I am very experienced with… Trust me it will look amazing.
How long will your post-processing take?
Weddings can take up to 8 – 12 weeks to receive your photos and albums
Lifestyle and other shoots between 3-4 weeks
Where are you based?
I am based in Weltevreden park , but I do travel for shoots and weddings the 160km roundtrip included in all my Wedding packages.
60km roundtrip for lifestyle shoots
Do you travel?
Weddings over 80km from us will be charged R4.00 per km, B&B, flights and car rental is required by the photographer/s for weddings over 120km away.
Weddings over 250km away we require 2 nights stay.
I am willing to travel both nationally and internationally.
Please contact me if you wish to know more about travel costs for your destination wedding. Flights, accommodation and car hire required for destination weddings (if applicable).
Do you Offer Engagement Shoots?
Yes, all my packages come with this added extra, I want to get to know you both before your big day..
this is an awesome way to get comfortable with each other to get stunning natural photos
What happens if you get ill or for some reason cannot shoot my wedding day?
Lets all be honest.. life happens, and we are also only people as well…
Ruth du Toit Photography has provisions should for some reason have to cancel cause of reasons completely out of my control… you will be refunded in full and I will go out of my way to find you another amazing photographer that can assist you… But lets think positive thoughts here LOL!!!!
What if our wedding goes over the allocated time?
We do allow a wedding to go over 2 hours but will be invoiced @R1000.00 per hour.. but we will discuss this on the day if we see we are running out of time due to running late etc
How long does Ruth du Toit Photography keep my images for after delivery?
Ruth du Toit Photography keeps the edited images for 6 months only! So please save and back up your images as much as you can.
We never keep the RAW files for long as we need to make space for newer work. Once client has accepted photos and we have not heard anything for a month thereafter we assume all is well and will delete the RAW files.
The edited images will be saved on our Cloud Server for 6 months and will be deleted thereafter.